Sunday, July 7, 2013

No Meme Just Me Me

I clicked on my meme list tab and tried to find a meme to post for today.  Some are no more—guess that's what I get for going missing for so long—so decided to post some random pictures from my day today.

Hubs came out of retirement to work at Home Depot part-time which means he works most weekends. He worked today.  After pacing around the house wondering what I could do to keep my mind off missing Willie, I turned to a sewing project that should have been finished weeks ago. For those who may not know Willie, he was my 14 year old lab mix. He crossed the Rainbow Bridge 12 days ago.

A work-mate is having twins and today is the day she goes to the hospital, so dragged out the unfinished baby quilts and finished them.  One is pink and the other is purple with some bright colors tossed in for good measure. Personally, I like the one without the extra colors better. Wish I had the energy to tear out and re-do, but no way!  I finally finished both and dropped them off on her front porch. Project finished.

 Then I went about trying to get a decent shot for July's camera club assignment. The picture must have a book in it somewhere.  I came up with the following three shots. Not happy with any of them. Which do you think is the lesser of 3 evils?




Then I took a drive. This is Cameo Winery in a nearby town. The wine bottle in the camera club offering is from this winery.
 Hubs is back home now, so maybe he has something exciting we can do. I'm off...Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

terribly sorry about sweet willie!!

the quilts are lovely. i know she will appreciate them for (gulp) twins!

i like the first of the 3 photos. the teapot and cup coordinate really well with the pillow and upholstery fabric.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

sorry to hear of your loss of Willie. thinking about you all.

sounds like a cool club to be in ... enjoy the wine. those shots are great. very peaceful & calming. ( :

Molly the Airedale said...

The baby quilts are beautiful!
We like the first picture best with the teapot and teacup.

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

EG CameraGirl said...

It's good to have a reason to finish projects, Congrats on completing the quilts!

Rose said...

Wow, I like either quilt...I think it is a case of one time I would like one more, and the next day I would like the other one.

As for the book shots...I think they are all good...my LEAST favorite is the first, but I even like it a lot. The other two I really love...