Saturday, August 31, 2013

Anniversay, Birds, Flowers and an Announcement

Today is our Anniversary.  Six years with no divorce on the horizon. Success!
Since Hubby had to work today, we spent the last two days celebrating. We planned to go to the zoo, arboretum, or Union Station in St. Louis, but ended up hitting 2 Nature Preserves, a lake, and a couple of State Parks. We had fun hiking while searching for birds and other photo ops. None of my birds turned out worthy of posting, but I'll post the best of the worst. Why do those critters fly every time I get close enough to actually get a focused shot?
 Blue Heron Hiding
Two Tufted Titmice or Titmouses? Drinking. Or, how about a Tufted Titmouse and friend Drinking? Much better.
 Hummer Humming

Bob White Quail Running
 One of the Zinnias from my garden doing nothing. 
Hyacinth Beans on a trellis by the front porch. Climbing.
 
And now for the announcement...drum roll please...we are getting a new pup! He will arrive today around 4:00 p.m. I'm counting the minutes. It has been two months since Willie crossed the rainbow bridge. I miss him. I feel a little disloyal, but the house is way too quiet without a furry critter running around, so the decision was made. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
 
Happy Saturday!
 


5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

1st, very happy congratulations to you both!

2nd, that shot of the hummingbird is GORGEOUS!!! and i haven't seen a bob white since i was a kid in wis!

3rd, i'm so excited for you!!! i agree! a house is much too quiet without a pup (or 4!)

Nancy said...

Can think of no better anniversary present Betty! And I think your photos are great. So there!

Molly the Airedale said...

Happy Anniversary, BJ! We are so excited about your new pup and can't wait to meet him/her!
Your flower photos are just gorgeous♥

Brian King said...

Congratulations on your anniversary and your new puppy! These are beautiful photos! Herons are one of my favorites. Love the hummingbird and quail!

EG CameraGirl said...

Don't feel disloyal! I bet Willie would approve. I'm sure he wants you to be happy. Your hummingbird photo is great!