This must be my year for Swallows. First a Tree Swallow and now a Barn Swallow. He was way across the sheep lot, where he thought he was safe.
He finally turned around and allowed me to get a shot of his front side.
Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
1. It's still May, right? When were you last in the middle of something that might be described as mayhem? Mardi Gras!
2. When did you last feel dismayed? When a co-worker gave notice.
3. What's a food combination you like, but other people may find strange? Peas and cottage cheese.
4. "It is never too late to be what you might have been." Do you think that's true? Why or why not? It depends on what 'you might have been'. I wanted to be a hand model back in the day. Don't think I would find much work now that my hands are aged, wrinkled.
5. US News and World Report listed the best historic destinations in the US as follows-Washington D.C, Philadelphia PA, Williamsburg VA, Charleston SC, Boston MA, Richmnd VA, Savannah, GA, Santa Fe NM, Yellowstone, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, New Orleans LA, and Charlottesville VA.
Of those listed how many have you seen in person? Which two sites on the list would you most like to see in person? I've been to 9 of these locations. Of those I haven't seen, I would pick Yellowstone and Savanah, GA to visit.
6. May is National Physical Fitness and Sports Month. If you had to participate in a single fitness activity for the next half hour, which activity would you choose? Hiking in the woods.
7. What did you like best about the city, town, or neighborhood where you grew up? I grew up on a farm. I liked that we had a pond and woods to spend time exploring.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Thursday marks the beginning of our Spring Festival. I got the call to schedule my time to be incarcerated in the ticket booth. I usually get an early slot, but this year I'm stuck with 7-9 pm. Two hours is a long time! But I enjoy seeing all the happy little ones looking forward to their turn on the kiddie rides.
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge