This is yet another shot of Bro O's pond. My go to place for reflections. On this particular evening, it was cooling down. It was a nice evening for gardening.
Linking to Weekend Reflections
1. Somewhere between 2:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. last Saturday morning, we had an uninvited visitor. Someone kicked in our front screen door and tried to shoulder his way inside the house. I called 9-1-1. Thankfully the police responded within 3 minutes, before he got inside. The Sheriff's Department is 1/2 mile away. It turns out he was probably just a very drunk guy who lost his way after a party next door, but we didn't know that at the time. It was a very scary experience.
2. It's been a long week for a short one. I'm supposed to have today off, but due to too much work, will be spending the afternoon in the office. We had our 4th of July celebration last weekend. Four of my five grands came for the fireworks. Fergus was extremely happy to see them. He seems to have a special love for the littlest one. Not a good shot in the evening light with lots of movement. But it's the only one I have where you can't see his face. Can you see the love? Those two are on the move constantly when they are together.
3. Dogs and Firworks. My beloved dog, Willie, was terrified of fireworks. I couldn't have him outside, so I would give the poor boy a vet-approved tranquilizer and leave him inside the house where he vibrated in the bathtub until his food lady came to rescue him. Fergus, had a totally different reaction. I could tell he was a bit concerned as to what was going on, since he backed up against my legs and stayed there, but he watched the whole show. I'm one happy food lady. Thanks Anni for the story about your dog. I leashed Fergus, just in case.
4. I decided not to take any pictures of fireworks this year. After all, how many pictures of fireworks do you really need anyway? Usually I'm messing with the camera or cameras and only see the show through the viewfinder. This time I ooed and ahhed with everyone else.
5. Hubs has to work this holiday weekend, so after I get back from the office, I'm going to spend time with Fergus. He has been sorely neglected this week. We will go for walks, toss his favorite ball, and throw frisbees until he hasn't any breath left, or I keel over—whichever comes first. I'm betting on the latter.
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five