The sunflowers next to our untility shed are blooming. I hope the goldfinches find them soon!
1. I saw a word on facebook this morning—pluviophile. Do you know what it is? Yeah, me either. Sounds like a criminal of sorts doesn't it? But after I read the definition I found I have pluviophile tendencies.
pluviophile. (n) a lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.
Not stormy days, but rainy days. Rain is like snow in that I enjoy it when I can stay home and see/hear it from a comfy chair with a cup of coffee or iced tea and a good book.
2. My favorite granddaughter called me with some fabulous news. She submitted a poem for publication and has made the semi-finals. She was so excited I'm sure she was jumping up and down, as I was. I remember how exciting it was the first time I received one of those letters. Fingers crossed!
3. I have a cousin coming to visit this weekend. She lives the pacific northwest, so she doesn't come every year. Our family reunion is Sunday. It will be good to see all the family. My mom was one of 14 children with only 5 left. I fear the reunion will be no more once these are gone. The younger relatives don't seem to be as family oriented as their parents were.
4. Speaking of family reunions, I need to bring a couple of covered dishes. Any suggestions for something different?
5. August is ending and September is beginning. I'm looking forward to a couple of fun weekends. My favorite granddaughter plays clarinet in the school band. They will be marching in a parade next weekend. Another weekend, Punky Doodle has invited me to hop in for a trip to see Sonny Boy in Tennessee. Can't wait!
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five
I'm still having computer issues. The new modem is supposed to arrive today. I apologize for my failure to comment, but everytime I try to go visit a blog the internet drops me! It has taken me approximately 2 hours to finish this post.