1. My hubs spent last weekend pheasant hunting. Are there hunters in your family? If so, what do they hunt? Which of the following have you tasted-pheasant, rabbit, venison, duck, goose? Which of those would you most like to taste, or be mostwilling to taste?
JD is a deer hunter. We have venison in the freezer. We use some of it in place of hamburger, like in chili. I've had pheasant and duck at restaurants. My brother and I used to go rabbit hunting. Well, he hunted, I followed behind. I don't remember how it tasted, but we ate it so it must have been good.
Vegetarians keep calm and Hodgepodge on.
2. What high spot have you visited that gave you a wonderful 'bird's eye view' of something below?
The Grand Canyon. Impressive but scary.
3. Do you have any birds in your home? These could be either real live pets or decorative, as in bird prints, knickknacks, fabric or pottery.
Sadly, yes. Not real birds. Hubs has these carvings of ducks and an eagle. They do not go with my decor, but I put up with them.
My mind is blank.
5. Your favorite song with a bird in it's title?
Rockin' Robin by Bobby Day
6. What most recently gave you goose bumps?
JD was working the late shift and I was home alone. Fergus, who rarely barks, starting barking his mean bark and staring at the back door. I'm not sure what he heard, there wasn't anything out there, but scared me.
7. Halloween is this Friday...any plans? Did you trick or treat as a child? Carve pumpkins? Share your most memorable costume.
I used to love staying home and handing out candy to the little ghosts and goblins, now they have trunk-or-treat around our town square. I think it is a great idea, much safer for the kids, but I miss the old fashioned way. My favorite costume? I once dressed up as Alice Cooper.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Fergus is a little over a year old now. Every time a dog walks by he gets in the window and cries. So, we have been thinking of getting him a friend. Then we heard Fergus' mother had a trist with some unknown manly dog. Seems the unidentified father was probably a wire haired terrior. We will be bringing Findley home in a couple of weeks. Can't wait. I hope the boys get along.
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge