Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Visit to Lincoln Log Cabin

The annual Bluegrass Festival was last weekend at Lincoln Log Cabin Historical Park. I enjoy listening to the old tunes I remember from back in the day.  Neighbor and what I refer to as my non-related "other brother" plays in one group. He's wearing the cap. We used to go over to his house on Saturday nights and listen to good music. His mom and dad were very talented musicians, too.
After the music, we took a walk. We go there all the time, but I always try to find something different to take pictures of. I have taken pictures of this old barn before, but this time there was a tree growing in front of it. Unless the park gets some additional funding, this building will soon be beyond repair.
Below is inside the cook house at the Sargent Farm. 
 The nursery.
 The kitchen....
 ...and weird rock critters hiding in the garden.

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

The inside of the house is just adorable! LOVELOVELOVE it ♥

TexWisGirl said...

i like the old overgrown barn. i like 'non-related brother', too. :)

Snooty Primadona said...

Your pictures never cease to amaze me. I love the little cabin too...

I'll bet the Bluegrass music was great!