Thursday, August 22, 2013

Class Reunion

Last Saturday night was my high school reunion. I wouldn't tell you how many years, but duh! I don't think it will take you long to figure it out since I'm posting a picture of the booklet cover. I was in charge of the invitations and the booklet, so immediately enlisted the aid of  my nephew, Sam Roan, who is a genius, to design the cover.
 The theme was Laugh-In. I refused to play the part of Ernestine. No way was I going to screw up my face and poke my finger between...well if you have ever seen her skits you will know where...in front of a group of people. Instead I read a poem called Class Reunion. As you can see, we had a nice wall with little doors for participants to open and tell jokes.  I was in charge of playing the Laugh-In theme over and over and over...
I hated, absolutely, hated school, but really have enjoyed going to the reunions. I went for the first time 5 years ago. Guess I'll go in another 5 years. If you have been avoiding yours, I wholeheartedly recommend you try at least one. I think you will find you enjoy the experience.

4 comments:

Ellie said...

It sounds like it was a fun evening and like you really enjoyed it.I didn't enjoy school too much either.
I've never been to a reunion though!

TexWisGirl said...

i loved school. and i've enjoyed 2 reunions very much. the 3rd one i attended was pretty boring. i think i'm over them - at least for a while. :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I loved school and was a bit of a nerd, I fear. I doubt very many of my classmates would remember me as I was very quiet.

Nancy said...

Didn't particularly care for school but I did attend my 10th reunion. Suffice it to say that was my first and last. Lol.