Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood?
Picking blackberries. My mom would get my brother and me up before dawn, dress us in long pants and long sleeved shirts (during the heat of summer), and walk us out to the wild blackberry patch between the field and the woods. Sweat bees would sting, briars would scratch, and by bedtime chiggers had taken up residence all over our bodies. (A time before Off was invented.) It isn't exactly a fond memory, that is until you get to the blackberry pie and ice cream part. Yum!
The wind right before rain.
3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand?
It's hot. Must have beach shoes.
4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name?
Sun tea. Love iced tea with lemon slices. No sugar and especially none of those poisonous artificial sweeteners.
5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day?
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title.
Cheap Sunglasses ZZ Top
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again?
I know I have experienced both during my lifetime, but can't think of anything in particular, good or bad. Before I retired from my real job, I had to travel and work out of town a lot. I went out for dinner at a nice restaurant every night, alone. The waiters and waitresses used to come sit with me and keep me company. I know they were trying to be nice, but I was somewhat offended. I don't recall seeing any of them sit down with men dining alone.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Blank mind here. Think, think, think! Aha! I thought of something. This saturday night is our Freedom Day celebration. Our town always has a fireworks display the Saturday before the 4th. Daughter and family come every year. We have a cookout and plenty of junk food for the kids. We put lawn chairs in the backyard and have an excellent view of the show, which is only 1 block away. My last beloved dog, Willie, was horribly frightened and used to hide in the bathtub. I'm wondering how Fergus will deal with all the noise.