Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time?
Working extra hours at my day job. Missed the Hodge, though.
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day.
Yesterday is the first day we turned on the air conditioner. Now it feels like summer. My idea of a perfect summer day is a cold glass of ice tea, a good book, and a rocking chair on the front porch.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious?
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad?
Andy Taylor. He was an understanding father who knew how to guide his son with kindness. No comparison.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory.
Not too long after we moved from the frigid north to Dallas, we loaded up the picnic basket and drove out to the lake. It was December.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday?
I would have to pick Marco Island Florida. Why? It would be a shorter flight. Even though I logged a lot of air time during my last job, I no longer like to spend time on airplanes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I woke up at 4:15 this morning. I'm too tired for random thoughts about anything other than my pillow, which is currently calling my name. Can you hear it?