Hey there beautiful. You have the most gorgeous eyes. How about a dance?
That's a tired line. If that's all you got, No thanks!
Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
1. The month of July was named for Roman Emperor Julius Caesar. He's quoted as saying, 'Experience is the teacher of all things." So what has experience taught you lately?
I hope this post doesn't turn maudlin. Lately, I'm remembering to appreciate my friends and loved ones more. You never know when you say goodbye whether or not that will be the last time you see them or not. The last time our boss walked out the door, we didn't say anything more than see you tomorrow. But we didn't.
2. Where did you last 'roam'?
Roam, ramble - Down The River Road looking for birds and old things to photograph.
3. Speaking of 'Rome'...pizza, pasta, gelato...you can only pick one, which would you choose?
One of my grandsons is a very picky eater. His favorite food is pizza. I'm burned out. Hubs cooks way too much spaghetti. I'm burned out. So, would have to go for gelato! We had a gelato store near where we lived in Dallas. Yum! Love the taste and the smooth texture.
4. 'Rome wasn't built in a day', 'All roads lead to Rome', 'When in Rome...' which 'Roman' idiom have you most recently encountered? Explain.
'Rome wasn't built in a day' is my life right now. There was no cross training with the Circuit Clerk's duties. I'm struggling to figure out how to do the things she did with ease on a daily basis. I'm trying to be patient with myself and remember it will take me time to become familiar with all my new duties.
5. What's a movie you've seen or a book you've read, that makes you want to book a trip to Italy?
The only movie I can think of is Under the Tuscan Sun. I didn't like the movie, but the scenery was beautiful.
6. Walt's original Disneyland opened almost sixty years ago, on July 17, 1955 Have you ever been to the California park? How about any of the other Disney parks around the world? What's your favorite amusement park ride or attraction?
I've never been to any of the Disney theme parks, but my favorite rides are roller coasters. Love them!
7. It's that time of year...when were you last bitten or stung?
Sunday evening at the garden. The next day I discovered a very itchy chigger bite behind my right knee.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My friend is on my mind today, tonight is her memorial service. But I'm also thinking ahead to the weekend. I will be hanging out with the grands while their mom and dad go to a concert. There is no better cure for the blues than a few kid hugs!
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge