I don't really have much to talk about today, but I'll start typing and see what emerges.
1. Every time I start thinking about taking a trip that includes boarding a plane, one crashes. Several years ago I planned a trip to Egypt to see the pyramids. Shortly before the tickets were purchased, some Egyptian pilot decided to commit suicide—or was he actually a terrorist? We may never know. When once I easily flew for both business and vacations, now I choose to drive. Yes, I know the statistics.
2. I am not going to go on about the memorial service for my friend/boss, but will merely say that the bagpipe version of Amazing Grace played before the service was amazing.
3. Our garden is flourishing. So far we have had cucumbers, zucchini, green peppers, radishes, and okra. I think the okra blossoms are pretty. We are still waiting on that first tomato.
4. The lilies are in full bloom, too. My sister-in-law has tons of lilies in her flower bed. These are a few varieties.
5. Back in the day, I spent a lot of time taking art classes. I loved to draw and paint. I didn't have time while raising my kids, so got away from it. About as close as I get these days is photoshop or in this case a free version of Picasa. This is the really bad Heron shot I took a couple of weeks ago. It isn't any better, but since Granddaughter is now the artist in the family, maybe I can get her to make this into an actual painting. Hmm. I'll be seeing her later today. Fergus and I are on our way to daughter's house for some time with the grands. We're leaving Hubs home to hold down the fort.
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five