Friday, August 15, 2014
A Little Willy and a Lot of Nilly
1. I took a day off work yesterday, Thursday, to take a day trip with JD. I suggested Heron Park. Hubs saw an ad on tv for the state fair. Guess where we went? My opinion—you've seen one fair, you've seen them all. But I let him make the final decision. After all, the whole point was to spend the day together and I do enjoy seeing the horses.
2. The problem with having a pup that gets car sick is not being able to take him along on day trips. Otherwise I might have been saved from the fair. We could have taken him with us to Heron Park if not for his weak tummy. Since we were going to be gone so long, Fergus got to have an adventure, too. He is experiencing boarding for the first time in his young life. JD wouldn't take him inside, he asked me to do it. I started thinking. Hmm. Wonder why JD doesn't want to drop him off. I think I have it figured out. If Fergus isn't having a good time, he will blame me and not his Pop for his incarceration! JD readily offered to pick him up today, which means Fergus will be eternally grateful to his Pop for rescuing him.
3. Unidentified callers. Lately they are political surveys. I don't answer. Do you? I let the answering machine pick up and yes I do still have one of those.
4. While enjoying a cold drink at the fair, a reporter from the Chicago Sun Times approached us. He asked if he could interview us about the upcoming gubernatorial candidates. I told him I didn't want to be interviewed. JD concurred. My mama always said if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.
5. It's Friday! I don't have any weekend plans. I'm NOT working. I think I'll go for a ramble in the country looking for old things to post for Rubbish Tuesday.
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five