This isn't a new picture. It is from a little over a year ago and I have posted it before. But, I'm running out of bad bird pics so dragged this pic out of the archives. Mr. Barred Owl. My pride and joy.
Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
1. What would you say is the key to success?
Hard work and determination.
2. Have you ever been to the Florida Keys? Any desire to visit that part of the US of A?
I have never been to the keys. The farthest south I've been was Miami Beach. I would like to go, but I don't like bridges.
3. When and where did you last see a real live donkey? Monkey? Turkey?
I haven't seen a monkey since I last visited my Grands. Oh, you mean a REAL monkey. That was about 2 years ago at the zoo. I saw wild turkeys this past spring and I see a donkey at least once a week when I drive one of the back roads.
4. An old Portuguese proverb says, 'Beware of the door with too many keys.' What do you think this means? Share an example of how this has proven true or false in your own life.
I think this proverb refers to secrets. If you tell one person, that person might tell another, and so on and so on. Sadly, I work with someone who comes into the office and appears to be your best buddy. Anything and everything you might say, is repeated and spread all around the county. So, if you don't want the door open, don't give out the keys.
5. Besides your home, vehicle, and special jewelry, what is something you keep under lock and key?
I can't think of anything other than the things mentioned. When I was young, I kept a diary which was always locked to try to prevent Bro O from reading my private thoughts. Of course, he could unlock it with a hairpin, so my private thoughts were no longer private. Lesson learned—never write anything down you don't want someone else to read.
6. When did you last get keyed up about something?
I read the definition of 'keyed-up' in the slang dictionary. I wasn't sure if it was a good thing as in excited or a bad thing as in stressed. Seems more like a bad thing since the definition is anxious, nervous, queasy, uneasy, unquiet. The last time I was so nervous I was queasy was when JD and I got married. Coming up on 7 years ago. I had been single for 27 years. Big change!
7. Who thinks we need an easy one right about now? Key lime pie...yes please or no thank you?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I think I have some sort of malware or virus that is messing with google chrome. It won't load and when it does it is very slow. so, I switched to firefox and it is basically doing the same thing. I have internet explorer 11, which is not compatible with blogger. Ugh! I hate computer problems. I've run scans but it never finds anything. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm up for listening.
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge