The sunflowers are no longer yellow, but the birds still like them. This male goldfinch is no longer a bright pretty yellow. Sure sign of fall.
Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
Now on to some Hodge Podge...
1. It's fall. Y'all. My favorite season of the year! What's something you love to do this time of year that makes you feel it's officially fall? And unrelated to that, do you ever say-'y'all'?
I remember having weiner roasts in the fall. Dad would build a fire and cut sticks to hang the hot dogs and marshmallows on. When we first moved south, we used to use Y'all just for fun. Needless to say, it wasn't long until it was used daily. You Guys was no more.
2. When did you last have a falling out with someone? Has it been resolved?
I haven't had a falling out with anyone that I can think of, but someone seems to have had a falling out with me. I only live 1/2 mile from work, so I often walk. Once an older cousin of mine stopped by the house and since my car was home decided I was not answering the door for them. I tried to explain, but I don't think they believe me.
3. A song you love with the word 'fall' in it's title?
A Summer Song by Chad and Jeremy
This song makes me sad. Reminds me of the guy I was madly in love with in high school. Do we ever forget that first fella?
4. What's something you've recently let 'fall by the wayside?'
My mind...can't think of anything.
5. When did you last attend an event, read a book, watch a movie, try a new recipe, or visit a shop-town-tourist attraction that fell short of your expectations? In what way?
I tried reading And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini but couldn't make myself continue after 3 chapters. Everyone else seems to like it, but I just couldn't get interested.
Recently. Last weekend I was dancing with Mrs. Mop (cleaning) and started singing a tune. Fergus looked at me and took off like a bear was after him. I went to see what was wrong with him and found him cowering in his crate. I posted this on Facebook and my daughter's response..."Now I know where I get my singing voice." To which my sister-in-law responded, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."
Since it is early, I'm hoping the answer is yes. Lots of work yesterday.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
A Jury trial starts today, so probably won't be able to comment much. I hate it when I can't get around to return comments, but sometimes I just can't. :(
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge