1. For Wednesday Hodge Podge I mentioned wearing a Can Can to my first day of school. There were those who didn't know what it was. I guess the term has gone the way of the Choo Choo Bag and White Lipstick. For those of you who are too young to remember, a Can Can looks similar to this:
Photo courtesy of Wiki Commons
2. I mentioned before our coffee maker was having trouble making coffee. It finally bit the dust. JD brought home a new Bunn, but it isn't the Bunn like I'm familiar with. This one is like a regular coffee maker in that there is no tank of hot water to start an immediate drip. This one takes 10 minutes to brew and it has an 8 cup limit. Hopefully it will last longer than our old one. I'm enjoying a cup right now.
3. I went to the family reunion last Sunday. My mom's side of the family. It was nice seeing my aunt and uncles. My grandparents had 14 children, which means I have tons of relatives. Sadly, I didn't know very many of the people there. I moved away in 1973 and back in 2005, so even the ones I knew before look so different I don't recognize them. I really need to spend more time meeting relatives.
When I saw this picture, a Sesame Street song popped into my head. One of these things is not like the other....
4. I'm singing the same old song—internet woes. I thought for sure this modem had fixed my problem until Punky Doodle called a couple of days ago. The phone is still stuttering (going dead, coming back, going dead, coming back). The internet is doing the same thing, only not quite as constant as it was before. I need to call them but due to my macrophobia, I'm putting it off. Definition: fear of long waits. Mine isn't quite a fear, more like a dread.
5. Shamless plug - Stranger on the shore is now available.
Barnes and Noble
Linking to Willy Nilly Friday Five