1. Before I begin, I would like to re-iterate, I am not a lush. As a matter of fact, I haven't even had a glass of wine since Christmas. But I do like a cocktail on occasion. My favorite drink would be a margarita on the rocks, second in line is son-in-law's version of a Dirty Martini.
2. Son-in-law's name is Christopher. My daughter always seems to come up with nicknames for her loved ones. She may possibly have come up with this idea from her mother, but I'm not admitting anything—Punkie Doodle.
3. Perhaps the whole nickname thing started in high school. My nickname was Mort, short for Morticia, as in The Adams Family. I had long hair and my taste in clothing was rather unique. Hey, it was the 60s.
4. But back to son-in-law. Daughter randomly started calling her husband Critter in lieu of Christopher. Not sure why, maybe it was merely easier to say.
5. Early on in their marriage they decided to buy a house. A husband and wife realtor team were showing us a nice home. As we roamed around talking about the pros and cons, Daughter kept talking to, "Critter." The realtor must have decided he had Christopher's name wrong and said, "Well, Critter, what do you think?" Son-in-law was mortified, Daughter and I still laugh about it.
Critter's Martini Recipe
Gin (Tanqueray is preferred)
Vermouth (sweet red)
Dash of lemon or lime juice
Spanish stuffed olives
Mix splash of vermouth and lime with a good amount of gin with ice
Drain into glass.
Measuer a martini glass full of gin into mixer glass.
Critter's advice, don't drink more than four.
Linking to Random 5 Friday
A post without pictures? Impossible!
This picture was taken 3 days ago. Today, instead of ice and snow we are having rain. I prefer rain.