1. On Thursday we pause to remember a dark day in history-9/11. Will you mark it in some special way?
I will remember with a heavy heart, say a prayer for the deceased and their families and a prayer of thanks for the life of my good friend who worked in one of the towers but is alive and well today. It will also be a day of celebration. It is Punky Doodle's birthday.
2. Do you ever/still...listen to an actual radio? Watch a videotape (VCR)? Look up a number in a phonebook? Refer to a paper map while traveling? Set an alarm on an alarm clock as opposed to your phone?
I often go to work early, before anyone else is there. There are often unexplainable noises, so I put in my earbuds and listen to the radio. Occasionally I still record shows on the old VCR. I didn't realize how poor the quality was until we got one of those new fangled tvs. I looked up a phone number in the phone book yesterday, although it has probably been over a year since I looked inside one. I always take a paper map with me when traveling, just in case Gertie (our GPS) gets lost as she has done a couple of times. I also set an alarm clock every night. Of course I don't trust it, so also set the alarm on my phone.
3. Is it ever a good idea to discuss religion or politics with people you don't know?
My opinion, NEVER! I don't even like to discuss religion and politics with people I do know. It can cause bad feelings.
4. What's a dish you haven't eaten all summer, but come September find yourself craving? Have you made it yet this month?
Chili. Haven't made it yet, but it's supposed to be chilly Saturday, which would probably be a good day to make Chili.
5. What's something you know nothing about?
Gosh, can't think of a thing. Which doesn't mean I know something about everything. It merely means my mind has gone blank.
6. September is Classical Music Month. Do you like classical music? If so, what's your favorite piece?
I used to go to the symphony occasionally when I lived in the city. Love classical music specifically played on the piano. I can't decide on one piece, but I like the up tempo Rondo alla Turca by Mozart and Hungarian Dance by Brahms. Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven is high among my favorites. But my all time favorite is Trumpet Voluntary by Jeremiah Clarke,played on the trumpet, of course. I'll always think of Punky Doodle walking down the aisle when I hear it.
7. What's the oldest thing you own?
My house. It was built in 1925. No, wait. I have a pocket watch my paternal grandfather gave to my grandmother as a wedding gift in 1906. It doesn't work, but it is beautiful. Reminds me of black hills gold. I'll post a picture for Rubbish Tuesday one of these weeks.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's Wednesday, my second favorite day of the week. My favorite is Saturday. Wednesday because I have lots of work on Monday and Tuesday and this is a catch up day. Saturday because I don't have to go to work and I don't have to go to work the next day either. However, after taking these pics of the golfinch out back I see one of my Saturdays needs to be spent power washing the fence!
Our sunflowers were all looking at the ground, so hubs cut them off and placed them on the fence for the birds to have easy access. They seem to like them there, but my only option is to take pics through the door glass. If I open the door, they are gone!
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge
and Wild Bird Wednesday