Wednesday, November 12, 2014
Sunrise and Hodgepodge
Linking to Rurality
1. We celebrate Veteran's Day in the US of A on November 11th. When did you last interact with a member of the armed forces (either currently serving or retired)? Have you ever written a letter to a soldier, bought a meal or coffee for a solider, said an unprompted thank you to a soldier you encountered out and about somewhere? If you're not in the US, comment on a similar holiday in your own country.
I do write letters to soldiers during the Christmas season. I saw one of my relatives yesterday and thanked him for his service. I see my husband every day. My father's brother was killed in France the day after the Normandy invasion. We are a family filled with veterans.
2. You can have fifty pounds of anything at all (except money)...what would you choose?
A black or chocolate lab.
3. When did you last receive an invitation in the 'real' mail? What was it for and did you attend? When it comes to RSVP-ing, are you an 'early responder' or a 'last minute, barely-under-the-wire' kind of guest?
Last year. It was an invitation to graduation. I'm always early responding. I know what it's like waiting for those last minute people.
4. What's something you really don't like to waste?
Toothpaste. Must squeeze that tube until the very last drop is used.
5. Cheers, Friends, MASH, Seinfeld...of the ones listed, your favorite long-running sitcom?
Friends. I didn't watch any of the others. I know. I know. Unamerican!
6. What decision are you glad you made?
After Willie crossed the rainbow bridge, we decided not to get another dog. And then we changed our minds. Thus Fergus.
7. In this month of 'Thanksgiving' what is one thing that's different today than it was a year ago that you're grateful for?
There hasn't been much change in our lives since last year, so I'm going to say I'm grateful we are all still healthy.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Okay, so much about dogs in this post. But Saturday, that would be three days away, we are getting Findley. Findley and Fergus have the same mother, but different fathers. Fergus lost his dad before he was born. Findley's dad is of unknown origin. Seems Mom, a Border Collie, had a one night stand. They think the perpetrator was a wire haired terrior. I haven't seen Findley, but I hear he has a beard and mustache. I can't wait to meet him. Yes, I'm getting him sight unseen. We do know he is black and white like Fergus.
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge