It seems like the only birds I can get close enough to take pictuers of are these angry old red-winged blackbirds.
Mister was yelling at me.
Linking to Wild Bird Wednesday
1. What news story are you following right now?
The Oscar Pistorius trial and news about the VA. Hubs is a veteran, thus the interest. I think it is terrible the way our veterans are treated after risking their life for their country.
2. What's the last thing you wanted but didn't get?
One of those mega expensive cameras. For the price, they surely travel to the location by themselves, scope out the unusual birds, and bring home a magical shot. I'm still dreaming.
3. May 28th is National Hamburger Day...when did you last have a hamburger? Other than your own kitchen or BBQ grill, where is your favorite place to go for a hamburger? And for all you non-meat eaters out there...when you're invited to a cookout what is the one side dish you hope is on the menu?
Hubs cooked burgers on the grill on Memorial Day. My favorite place to eat a hamburger is Burger King. Not THAT Burger King, but the mom and pop store in Mattoon, IL. Our Burger King has been in business since 1954. A lawsuit was filed over the name. The 1968 court case between this restaurant and the larger Burger King is a well-known case in United States Trademark Law. The court ruled that THE Burger King could not use the name in a 20 mile radius of Our Burger King. So, the little guy won one for a change. 60 Minutes even came to town to do a story. Now they are famous.
4. How have your priorities changed over time?
My house is no longer my priority. I have no problem taking off on Saturday morning to do something I want to do rather than spend the day cleaning. I get to it when I don't have anything better to do, or when I'm expecting visitors. There was a time you could eat off my floors. Now, not so much.
5. What's a favorite memory with your grandparents?
Getting off the bus at Grandma's house every Wednesday after school. Grandma would make dinner for me, with a special dessert, and then we would retire to the living room and watch The Virginian.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being fantastic!), how good are you at multitasking? Share an example.
Before adult A.D.D. set in, I was very good. Now I seem to be spinning my wheels some days.
7. How would you summarize your highs and lows for the month of May?
High—warm weather and flowers.
Low—I turned yet another year older.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Sorry to end on a downer, but I have a friend who has been battling cancer for a long time. Yesterday, she was taken to the hospital. Worried.
Linking to Wednesday Hodgepodge