Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday Fences and a Tree

I've decided I'm not having a very good year. I've always heard bad things come in threes, well my three is up so hoping for a better 'rest of the year'. The dryer kicked off, as did my computers-plural, and now it's the dishwasher. I'm re-learning how to hand wash dishes. My brilliant, philosophical Hubby told me, "It's just like riding a bike." Okay, so he was right. I didn't forget.  I do remember how much I hated washing the utensils and I cringe every time I stick the dishcloth down inside a glass. I almost cut off my thumb back in the 70s when a glass broke with my hand twirling around inside.  Not good. To be honest, I'm kind of enjoying dish washing. It gives me some quiet time. Especially since hubby runs like a scared rabbit the minute I get out a dishwashing liquid. And there is the water saving factor. All good intentions aside, I'll be appliance shopping this weekend.

I found this fence on my drive through the country a couple of weeks ago. 
 


I enjoy seeing the amazing trees Texwisgirl over at The Run Around Ranch finds, so I'm always on the lookout for an interesting tree—of the dead variety. I found this one along the road just before I got to the fence above.



HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
Linking to Friday Fences

10 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

hope you have a good pair of gloves for washing those dishes. my mom is very particular about her gloves. i don't wear them because they make my hands sweat terribly.

great FF shot. glad you found such a neat tree. have a cool weekend. ( :

Jan n Jer said...

awe better days will be yours again soon!!! I always hated to wash dishes. My dishwasher is my best friend!! (along with all my other appliances...LOL)
Nice fence shot..with the dead tree..

Anonymous said...

A couple of lovely rural scenes. I love that tree.

Tanya Breese said...

pretty photos! and i'm sorry you've had such terrible appliance luck...hopefully that is it!

LV said...

I HAVE NOT USED MY DISHWASHER IN YEARS AND NOT BECAUSE ITS BROKE. IT IS CHEAPER TO WASH BY HAND AND GETS THEM CLEANER.WE HAVE TO CONSERVE WATER AROUND HERE. TINGS WILL GET BETTER IF YOU AN HOLD ON.

TexWisGirl said...

love BOTH shots!!! :D

i will hand wash dishes, sometimes. it is a relaxing, quiet, introspective time. :)

Ruth Kelly said...

I am lazy, I wash my dishes in the dish washer once a week. Love the lone tree shot.

Molly the Airedale said...

Our mom has never in her entire life had a dish washer. She says she actually enjoys washing dishes!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

Bridget Larsen said...

I think they come in 4's, cos I got 4 of them last week. Hope all your 3 aren't too major like mine have been.
love all that green grass
Bridget #13

Lola Takes Pictures said...

Nice fence shot! Something about the fences around here that I really enjoy.