Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Tupelo, OK

After visiting friends in Texas, we turned north to Oklahoma to visit more friends. On the way we passed through Lindale, OK. I had to stop and take a picture of Miranda Lambert's store, The Pink Pistol. 

It was about a 2 hour drive to Tupelo, Ok. We turned off the main road onto this.

Talk about a long and winding road. Well, not so much winding as up and down. Loved seeing the horses. This on in particular caught my eye. I'm told this is a Leopard Appaloosa.

The entrance gate looking out from the house. Taken the morning we left.
This is the road on past the ranch.
And I thought I lived in the middle-of-nowhere. It was awesome there. No traffic noise. All I could hear was the wind and the birds singing. Awesome!

8 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Your long winding road looks like the perfect road to run on!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Roan, I've always wanted to visit Oklahoma. Perhaps I will get around to it someday. This is the first Leopard Appaloosa I've ever seen (or heard of). My dad liked Appaloosas; wish I could ask him about this kind.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, gorgeous views down those long roads. The horses are beautiful, I love the Appaloosa. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Linda Kay said...

Lots of peaceful places in the country.

Anonymous said...

The peace and quiet does sound awesome especially with those great views. It's nice to have time to go off the beaten path...

Stephanie said...

Love the horse! Beautiful images!

Sarah said...

Love this Roan, there such a feeling of peacefulness and calm in your photos (which are stunning as ever).

Mascha said...

Wow, what a beautiful horse!
Greetings from Germany