Saturday, May 10, 2014

Small Town Critters and a Flower or Two

I've always heard of a town named Trowbridge and knew it was west of Neoga, so on our ramble last weekend, Fergus and I checked it out.
I thought we might be lost, but this sign pointed us in the right direction.
What we found wasn't necessarily what you would call a town, more like a few houses on both sides of the road...
 ...an old barn with a rusty roof...
...and this barn. Sadly a drive-by shooting only gained me an obscured view. There were people staring at me so didn't want to hang around too long. :)
On the edge of town Fergus alerted me to this donkey critter. He was happily munching on that fresh spring grass...
...until he tired of Fergus barking and showed his disdain by turning his back.
Mr. Donkey had a horse friend who didn't seem to mind Fergus hanging his head out the window.

Linking to Saturday's Critters

Hubs has planted and hung our window boxes, which actually are hanging just below our screened in porch and not a window at all.
This is a pink clematis, which is really lavender and pink, but it's hard to tell in these shots. Our house is on a major street, so Hubs added a trellis for them to climb on, which will keep passerbys from staring at us when we are sitting on the porch.
He added some pink petunias...
...and Snapdragons. 

Linking to Today's Flowers

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. We are supposed to have a nice day today, but rain the next 3 or 4 days. I hope the farmers are all finished planting.

22 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Love the cute donkey and the pretty horse. Your clematis is gorgeous, I love the pink color. Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing your post with my Saturday's Critter party.. Have a happy weekend!

Beth said...

These are all wonderful photos Roan! I would love to meet you sometime when you are in the East Peoria area again. I love meeting blogging friends!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love all the photos but that little donkey is so darn cute :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Small towns are fun to check out. And hey, you got to meet a donkey critter!

TexWisGirl said...

sweet little town! love your new blooms!

Snap said...

A small town adventure! Fun! Love the long hair on the donkey and the horse is beautiful. The clematis is spectacular and I love snap dragons! Happy Critter Day!

carol l mckenna said...

Great shot of the donkey for SC ~ xoxo

Beautiful macro shots of the gorgeous flowers too ~

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

marilyn said...

Lots of interest comes with the red barn. Always like those small communities that form a wide spot in the road. Sometimes they have very interesting histories.

Unknown said...

Stunning blossoms and I love the donkey. Happy weekend!

Brian King said...

That's the kind of "town" I'd live in! The smaller, the better.

Rose said...

The donkey looks like he still has his winter coat...and I don't like to stop and take photos when someone is watching, either. LOL

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely to have the cleamtis growing round your porch!

Karin M. said...

Wonderful clematis, suuuuper photo ...
Love greetings, Karin

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Love the donkey, horse and the close up of the flowers.

Anonymous said...

Trowbridge looks like a lovely spot in the road.

Molly the Airedale said...

What beautiful shots, especially the pretty flowers ☺

Anonymous said...

Sensational macro work!

orchid0324 said...

Oh, I wish I could see sweet donkey and horse; Wonderful photographs of flowers♡♡♡

Sending you Lots of Love and Hugs from Japan, xoxo Miyako*

Sarah said...

I love donkeys - I walked up to my daughters school the other day and in a field there were Llamas - it seemed so odd and out of place. I've been trying to persuade SD's dad to get a donkey to replace the goat who sadly died last year - the paddock is filling up with nettles and brambles so I'm hopeful he might consider it.

Arija said...

What a wonderful clematis!

kissed by an angel said...

Lovely pictures of these pretty flowers!!! Clematis reminds me always on my Grandma's beautiful garden and I love Snapdragons so much...I will be forever a child if I see them :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Just glorious!